With this configurator it is possible to create a simplified building energy model and define a series of variables that will then be optimised by the program according to three objectives: energy consumption, occupant thermo-hygrometric comfort and cost.
To use the configurator, you must have a 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 10 and follow the steps below:
- Download the 9.4.0 version of EnergyPlus compatible with your operating system from the program website, or directly download the installer for the 32-bit or 64-bit version using the links provided.
- Install EnergyPlus in the folder suggested during the installation process (C:\EnergyPlusV9-4-0).
- Download from this link the entire folder containing the configurator together with all its sub-folders and place the folder containing all the downloaded files in any location of your PC.
- Open the executable file named Configurator.exe to use the prototype (it may take several seconds to open the program).
- Configurator display enhancement:
- Once the .exe file has been opened, the display of the configurator may appear slightly blurred. This is due to a Windows setting that can be easily fixed:
- Right-click on the .exe file and select “Properties”
- At the top, click on the second tab “Compatibility”
- Click at the bottom on the “Change high DPI settings” button
- Select and activate the box at the bottom under “High DPI scaling override”, click on “OK”
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK”
If you have any problems with the installation process or the operation of the configurator, you can contact us via our booking system by selecting “Configurator” as the service required.